EARTH, SUN AND MOON
In this workshop pupils benefit from the large space available in the park as they learn about the earth, sun and moon and their relative sizes, distances and movements. They will also discover how phenomena such as day and night and the phases of the moon are connected to the movements of these bodies using interactive activities in the classroom and outside in the park.
• Lights - Recognise that shadows are formed when the light from a light source is blocked by a solid object.
• Earth and space - Describe the movement of earth , and other planets, relative to the sun in the solar system.
• Earth and space - Describe the movement of the moon relative to the earth.
• Earth and space - Describe the sun, earth and moon as approximately spherical bodies.
• Earth and space - Use the idea of the earth's rotation to explain day and night and the apparent movement of the sun across the sky.
WORKSHOP CAN BE BOOKED FOR?
All year round