Pupils learn about waste and recycling through a variety of hands-on activities. They then visit the park to take a look at nature’s recyclers, and to see the life-death-life cycle in action.
• Everyday materials - Distinguish between an object and the materials from which it is made.
• Everyday materials - Identify and name a variety of everyday materials, including wood, plastic, glass, metal, water, and rock.
• Everyday materials - Compare and group together a variety of everyday materials on the basis of their simple physicals properties.
• Uses of everyday materials - I dentify and compare the suitability of a variety of everyday materials, including wood, metal, plastic, glass, brick, rock, paper, and cardboard for particular uses.
• Living things and their habitats - Identify and name a variety of plants and animals in their habitats, including micro-habitats.
WORKSHOP CAN BE BOOKED FOR?
All year round